ViewPoint Gallery International Photography Competition - 2019
Exhibit your prize-winning photo in Canada
Deadline: April 15, 2019
This is an opportunity to exhibit your work for one month at ViewPoint Gallery, a photography gallery located in Halifax, Nova Scotia on a busy downtown street in the heart of one of Canada’s most vibrant arts communities.
The International Photography Competition is open to photographers located in any country around the world. There are no restrictions on subject matter. The images will be reviewed by an independent jury comprised of experienced photographers who will select 12 images for exhibition at ViewPoint Gallery.
Entries must be submitted electronically with an entry fee of $25 US. A maximum of three images may be submitted with each entry. Multiple entries are permitted. The entry deadline is April 15, 2019.
EARLY BIRD ENTRY FEE: Entries submitted by March 15 will be charged an entry fee of $20 US.
Eligible applicants may be located anywhere around the world. Current ViewPoint members and their immediate families are ineligible. Only images submitted by the artists who created them and hold sole copyright will be considered. Each winning image will be exhibited for one month between June 2019 and May 2020 with the month to be chosen by ViewPoint Gallery. Winning entrants agree to give ViewPoint Gallery permission to print and exhibit the work and to use the submitted images in publicity and media promotion. Please note: The photographers retain copyright of submitted images.
Twelve winning images will be selected for exhibition at ViewPoint Gallery – one image will be exhibited monthly. The winning images will be professionally printed and framed at no cost to the photographer. The images will be promoted on ViewPoint's website and newsletter.
Each winning image will be matted, framed, and displayed as ViewPoint Gallery’s featured International Artist of the Month. Winning images will be available for sale at a price set by the artist. If the framed image is sold in the Gallery, the artist will receive the full sale price minus a 15% processing fee. Any unsold prints will be disposed of in a confidential and safe manner within one year of exhibiting. Unsold prints will not be returned.
How to enter ViewPoint’s International Photography Competition
Please complete the online submission form and send $25 US via PayPal. A maximum of three images may be submitted with each application. Multiple entries are permitted.
1. Name your images using the following format: “YourLastName_Title_of_Image.jpg”. Submissions with image not named in this manner will be considered incomplete and not juried.
2. Images must be in sRGB colour space with a maximum size of 1920 pixels wide x 1080 pixels high.
3. Complete the International Photography Competition entry form, providing the following information:
o your name, city, and country
o titles of your images (if untitled, please use “Untitled_1, Untitled_2, or Untitled_3)
o e-mail address associated with your PayPal account.
4. Upload your images as jpegs.
5. Submit the entry form and jpeg images. A PayPal link is at the bottom of the entry form. This will open a new browser window where you can you’re your payment. Each entry must include $25 US entry fee if submitted after March 15 or $20 US entry fee if submitted before March 15. The PayPal payment is mandatory, and submissions wihtout the Paypal Fee will be considered incomplete, and not juried.
6. You will receive a confirmation e-mail message confirming that your entry was received. If you do NOT receive a confirmation message, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. All entries must be received by midnight on April 15, 2019. Entry fees are non-refundable
If your images are selected as the winning entries,
You will be notified by e-mail by May 4, 2019.
You will be required to provide a full resolution file for printing, to be submitted via ViewPoint’s FTP site. Detailed instructions will be provided when the winning images are selected.
Your full-resolution images must adhere to one of the following image size standards:
12 x 18 inch (30.5 x 45.7 cm) at 300 ppi (landscape or portrait orientation)
15 x 15 inches (38 x 38 cm) at 300 ppi
You will be required to provide a biography (150-word maximum), an artist statement (150-word maximum), website URL (if applicable), pricing, and contact information. (If English is not your first language, be assured that we have editors ready to help.)
Enter now and share your images with the world!
For more information please contact email@example.com
Please be patient with the submission form.
Depending on your connection speed, uploads can take several minutes. Pressing the SUBMIT button more than once may cause your submission to fail. We ask for your PayPal email address so we can match submissions to payments. Do NOT provide your PayPal password.
The PayPal link is at the bottom of the submission form.
Early Bird entry (submitted before March 15, 2019) must include $20 US entry fee. Each entry after March 15 must include $25 US entry fee.
To use our submission form entrants must have a Google account.
To avoid difficulties with uploading your images, please ensure that your submitted images meet the following criteria:
1) The images must be saved as jpegs ONLY
2) Name your images as “YourLastName_Title_of_Image.jpg”.
3) NO MORE than 1920 pixels wide x 1080 pixels high
4) 8 bits/channel
5) sRGB color space
6) Your jpeg file size for these dimensions should not exceed 1MB.